Friday, January 8, 2010

Weed Hounds - Demo 2009

Since I won't have the time to do any more Year End rambling for a few days, I'll leave you guys this tasty treat, to satiate your desire for more of me.

Weed Hounds - Demo 2009
Photobucket
Tracklist:
1. Embrace (More or Less)
2. In The Afternoon
3. Save Me From My Lethargy
4. Best Friends

I came across this joint at some point during my year-long quest to find new music, and it has remained in rotation basically ever since. Based out of New York, Weed Hounds play a mix of early 90's indie and shoegaze. They tend to sound more like East Coast bands of that era (Swirlies, Dino Jr) than their overseas brethren, though at times I hear the influence from acts like My Bloody Valentine, specifically in the melodies. With harmonious Male/Female vocals, and a light production style, this demo is one of the bright points of my 2009. Perhaps it will bring some light to your 2010.

check the myspace here for other goodies/info: Weed Hounds Myspace

No comments: