Thursday, February 25, 2010

Top Sixty-Six Albums of 2009: #20 - 1

Hey there loyal, devoted followers (by which I mean myself.. hey, man!), it's me again, with more of this list I should've completed a while ago. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses - I am - but, my PC has been acting up lately, so I've been unable to complete this list. I've decided to dump the reviews portion and just rank the Top 20. I hope you care enough to like, read it, and stuff. Thanks!

#20.
Russian Circles - Geneva
#19.
Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds - Dracula Boots
#18.
Part Chimp - Thriller
#17.
DOOM - Born Like This
#16.
Them Crooked Vultures - s/t
#15.
The Vandelles - Del Black Aloha
The record that started this all for me. I heard Del Black Aloha last summer and it completely blew my world wide open. I hadn't cared one iota about searching for new music until this fucker popped into the scenario. Surf and Garage riffs smothered in Noise and polished off with Shoegaze aesthetics. Do yourself a favor and get into these dudes now.
#14.
The Warlocks - The Mirror Explodes
#13.
The Dead Weather - Horehound
#12.
Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Dark Night of the Soul
#11.
Pissed Jeans - King of Jeans


#10.
Mars Volta - Octahedron

#9.
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

#8.
Antlers - Hospice

#7.
Dan Auerbach - Keep It Hid

#6.
Heartless Bastards - The Mountain

#5.
Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx II

#4.
Mastodon - Crack the Skye

#3.
The Flaming Lips - Embryonic

#2.
Arctic Monkeys - Humbug

#1.
Dinosaur Jr - Farm

No comments: